GLA Online Educator/Mentor Position
Online Educator is a non-geographic position (can work anywhere in Ontario) and is expected to provide their own home office. Focus of this position will primarily be mentoring clients in Literacy and Essential Skills with secondary duties of online instruction.
Primary Job Function: Mentoring
- Makes contact with clients within 2 business days
- Administers ongoing assessments to clients
- Refers clients, as needed to other Employment Ontario and community services
- Creates and maintains the Learner Plan in confidential matter
- Enrolls Independent Learning clients in requested courses
- Respond to client questions and inquiries in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Provide regular constructive feedback and support to clients relative to their performance and progress
Secondary Job Function: Instructing
- Instruct clients, using online teaching methods and platforms, in Literacy and Essential Skills
- Prepare and deliver online content including milestone assessments and surveys
- Give feedback on client assignments and milestones according to curriculum guidelines and organizational requirements
- Provide a positive online learning environment in which clients are motivated to actively participate
- For Live classes, arrive a minimum of 10 minutes early to ensure the functionality of the learning environment and to address any potential technical issues
- Follow up with clients with Certificates and entering attendance in CRM
- Attempt to problem solve any technical issues that may arise and refer client to appropriate technical help when needed.
- Report feedback from clients to GLA team leaders for review to improve content and delivery model
- Knowledge and experience working with First Nation communities
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Must have access to a computer with high speed Internet access
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Internet
- Experience with basic operating systems and ability to troubleshoot minor issues
- Proficient with PowerPoint and email applications
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Experience mentoring or instructing in Adult Literacy an asset
- Distance education classroom experience an asset
- Knowledge and/or experience with the Saba platform, Moodle and Plato an asset
- A degree in a relative field from college or university an asset
Salary: Commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills
Start Date: Position to start immediately. Work hours are 9 am to 5 pm EST, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday with possibility of occasional evening classes.
To Apply: email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.